Saturday, May 31, 2014

Shout Out Saturday - May 31st, 2014

Another week has passed and I hope you have had a great time like I did. But now, it is Saturday again and for me, it means it is time to spread some blogger love. It is Shout Out Saturday time!

Shout Out Saturday by Debbie In Shape

  • Better Blogging

It is not the first time I mention that I am working hard to improve this blog of mine and lead it back to the good old days of more than 200 views per entry. So I have been doing a lot of research and I found a great article this week that I want to share with you all.

Kathryn wrote How I've Increased My Blog Readership and it is a great resource for (re)starters, like me.

Kathryn's blog From Dancing to Running

I started reading her blog because its name "From Dancing to Running" reflects a little bit of my story. And I am very glad I stopped by. Kathryn shares great information on her experiences both as a runner and a blogger. So, if you are looking for some inspiration and great information, you have to visit her page.


  • Liebster Award

Talking about blogging for beginners, last week I was honored with the Liebster Award from Gabi's blog. I will be writing more about it soon, but if you cannot wait for my entry and want to learn more this award, please do visit Gabi Walter's.

Liebster Award - discover new blogs!

Needless to say that if you would like to receive a nomination, please do not be shy. Drop me a comment with a link to your blog and let me know that you want to participate too so I can get you one as well. Remember, I have 10 nominations to giveaway. ;)


  • Virtual Race

Fitness is my thing and I am not going to deny it. However, I have another passion: running. Since I got back to the roads and tracks, I have been doing my best to get informed about the latest tendencies in the runner's world (last Saturday I wrote about the compression socks).

As a lonely runner, hearing about Virtual Races really got me excited. I am still looking for races to participate in, but in the meantime, I would love to have some action going on.

I had already read about Jost Running, but Mackenzie's blog Brave New Route was the final push I needed to get started.



Last Thursday was a holiday here in Belgium and I had (wrongly!!) read that gym was going to be closed then, so I decided to go for a race. You can read all the details on my blog Training Thursday : Running 10km again, but if it is not enough motivation for you, check Mackenzie's entry. You will not resist it!

  • Tip Tuesday


Last but not least, I would like to remind everyone that I am hosting a "Tip Tuesday" link up on a weekly basis and it will be great to have your participation!

On my blog Hydrate from last week, I wrote about the importance of hydration and shared tips on how to figure out how much water you should be drinking on a daily basis.

Tip Tuesday board by Debbie In Shape on Pinterest

And just to add some fun to the link up, I created a board on Pinterest to share images from the participants. Now tell me, what are you waiting for? Start planning your entry, come and join me next Tuesday!


Have dedicating extra time to a specific activity lately? Is it training? Blogging? Planning Summer?


Wishing everyone a great time!
#DebbieInShape


* You can also find me on:



No comments: