Thursday, May 15, 2014

Better than ever

Last Monday, I turned 39 years old. It feels so weird though. It does not look like so much time has passed. It still feels like yesterday that I was in high school dreaming about attending college abroad.

I turned 39yo on May 12th, 2014.

But the fact is, I am 39 now. Nothing changed in me from May 11th to 12th, however, major changes have been happening throughout the past years. And the truth is that I have never felt so good about myself before.

After taking a break from Fitness competitions, I have been enjoying different alternatives to keep my body in shape and improve my overall conditioning. I still lift weight on a regular basis, but I restarted running and have plans for expanding my 'curriculum' soon.


First time using an indoor rower as cardio.

Today, I tried an indoor rower for the first time as cardio. I did HIIT with it by going 1 minute all out followed by one minute smooth. That was for 25 minutes. I have no idea if it was a good performance or not, but I did something new and I did my best.

There is no reason to set limits to yourself. Things are thought to be impossible until someone dares making them happen. The same goes about ourselves. How many times do we get stuck in 'cannots'? What is stopping you from breaking free?

Recently I joined the Sweat Pink Ambassador program and it has been a fantastic experience!

I am a Sweat Pink Ambassador

One cannot imagine how many fantastic women out there are accomplishing the 'impossible' in their lives every day. They are mothers, daughters, have full time jobs, stay-home, runners, yoguis etc. They are making difference and inspiring others with their accomplishments. I am learning a lot with them!

Sincerely, I never thought I would be where I am now. Turning 30 was such a nightmare to me. I used to think that life was over and I felt helpless for years. It is true that our bodies changes, but in no ways aging should be reason for despair. Once I realized it, I noticed how wiser I have become and how much all experiences have contributed to becoming a better person.

Fit is not a destination. It's a way of life.

Instead of thinking about things of the past, I made a decision to look forward. I make plans and I make them reachable. They are things I sincerely want to accomplish and I am doing my uttermost best to achieve them.


And your? What are your plans for the next 12 months? Where do you want to be? What do you want to achieve?


Let's get started!
#DebbieInShape


* You can also find me on:

No comments: